Terms & Conditions
The mission of MS Leaders of Hope is to honor the ideas, creativity,
and effort of people living with MS as well as to acknowledge the
inspiration they provide to others. MS Leaders of Hope is open to
people living with MS and their caregivers.
- All entries submitted for an MS Leaders of Hope award
must be entered into the approved nomination
- Completed entries must be
submitted no later than 5:00 PM ET on September 15, 2004 to be
- Each entrant must select a category in which
they wish to compete, and must answer each of the three questions
relating to their idea as well as respond to all questions on
the Nomination Form, including indicating their consent to the
terms of the Program Agreement, in order to be considered eligible
for advancing to the semi-final round of the MS Leaders of
- You will receive an email confirming your entry shortly
after completing and submitting the online nomination form. This
email is intended to confirm receipt of your entry into the MS Leaders of
program and receipt by MS Leaders of Hope of a
valid email address for the entry. Please
do not delete this email – you
must click on the link in the email in order to successfully
complete your entry and become entered in the MS Leaders
of Hope awards
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
- Each entry into MS Leaders of Hope is first evaluated
to make certain that all questions have been satisfactorily completed.
- Entries within each specific category will be judged together.
- Each entry will be judged on originality, creativity and inspirational
- Semi-finalists and finalists will be selected from
all qualified nominations (please see the final two bullets of
above to determine how to qualify your nomination).
(15) semi-finalists per award category will be selected
by an impartial Academy of Judges comprised of educators,
health care professionals, and communications experts who will evaluate
each entry and determine the semi-finalists.
will be notified via a special mailing sent to their stated address.
Each semi-finalist candidate will be required to read and sign
the documents mailed to them and return them in the envelope
provided, within the timeframe stated, to advance in the MS
Leaders of Hope awards program.
- A group of specialized MS
patients and representatives from the National MS Society and
MS World will review and evaluate the semi-finalist entries to
determine the finalists for the MS
Leaders of Hope awards
- Three (3) finalists per award category will
be selected from the pool of semi-finalists.
- The decisions of the judges
are final and binding.
- Finalists will be notified and will be
entered in the final round of judging. Winners will be determined
by online voting open to anyone wishing to participate.
voting on this website will take place between October
4 and October 26, 2004.
- Winners will be notified by November
- Winners will be announced on the MS Leaders of Hope website
on November 8, 2004.
- MS Leaders of Hope reserves the right to publish any
entry on this website as part of a growing
library of powerful and creative ideas for coping with MS.
judges will select the most creative and inspirational idea in
each of the six chosen categories (one winner per category for
a total of six winners). Each winner will be awarded a $1,000
cash prize as well as a trip for two (2) including transportation,
lodging for two (2) nights, and meals to the National MS Society
National Conference in Denver, CO on November 10, 2004.
- To enter MS Leaders of Hope, you must be a person living
with MS or be a caregiver for a person or people with MS.
into MS Leaders of Hope must be at least 18 years of
age at the time of their entry to be eligible.
- Entries with
incomplete entry forms are not eligible to win an MS Leaders
of Hope award.
- By successfully submitting an entry (as specified in the “TO
ENTER” section above) in the MS Leaders of Hope awards
program, the entrant agrees to assign to the sponsors of MS
Leaders of Hope all
copyrights relating to their idea and, as such, to permit the
use of their information by Biogen Idec for any and all purposes,
including print, website and all other forms of media in accordance
to notify you prior to any such use.
- All winners should be prepared
to attend the National MS Society National Conference in Denver,
CO on November 10, 2004 to receive their award.
- All winners agree
to be bound by these official rules and to conform to all federal,
state, and local laws and regulations.
- All winners will be required
to sign affidavits of eligibility and liability/publicity releases.
- Responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries remains
solely with the entrant.
- This offer is void where prohibited.
- The MS Leaders of Hope awards
program is not a lottery.
- Biogen Idec reserves the right to cancel
the MS Leaders of Hope awards
program at any time and for any reason.
- In order to participate in MS Leaders of Hope, you
are required to provide your personal and contact information,
as well as certain information relating to your disease therapy.
- Information provided will remain confidential in accordance
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
- In order to participate, we require certain information
- We collect information indicating whether you are a person
with multiple sclerosis or a caregiver.
- We collect contact information,
including your name, phone number, street address, city, state,
zip code and e-mail address.
- We also collect your date of diagnosis,
your current MS drug therapy, and whether you've taken any drug
therapy for MS in the past.
- Finally, we collect your responses
to the MS Leaders of Hope idea
HOW THE INFORMATION IS USED
- A panel of trained and experienced impartial judges will
use this information to understand, evaluate and recognize the
most impactful ideas submitted for the MS Leaders of Hope awards
- Biogen Idec respects the information you submit.
We will never use the information you submit for personal reporting;
this information is used only for general reporting purposes
to generate site statistics.
- Biogen Idec collects your e-mail
address and will send you emails only about the MS Leaders
of Hope awards program this
year and in subsequent years.
As a condition of entry into MS Leaders of Hope, you must indicate,
by clicking on the box provided on the Nomination Form, that you
have read and agree to this Program Agreement.
Leaders of Hope is a great way for the MS community to share practical solutions.
An inspirational benefit to everyone!
- Linde T. Smith, Mountain Bike Racer